- Participate (Schools)
- Submit films (Intl. filmmakers)FilmmakersEligibilityRules & guidelinesAwardsImportant datesSubmission form
- AttendOfficial SelectionsInternational filmsStudent FilmsScreeningsSchoolsPublicParents
- MediaPress Releases2017201620152014Coverage2017201620152014GalleryPress AccreditationAccreditation form
- About CIFF2018ObjectivesPrevious editions2017201620152014FoundersDeepak JainJyoti JainSupporter
- Contact usCareersVacanciesJob EnquiriesEnquiriesLocation
The Film Poster should be a creatively composed image that defines your film!
Submit the best & most creatively composed poster with your CIFF film entry and win BIG!
How to enter the contest & submit?
Entering the contest is easy. Follow the steps below,
Step 1: Make your film for CIFF2018 and shoot stills while you make your film.
Step 2: Create a poster from the stills. (Preferred format of posters can be found here.)
Step 3: Like Nikon's Facebook page. Please read the Contest Rules below carefully. By entering this contest, you agree to abide by all the Contest Rules.
Step 4: Visit Film & Poster Submission page for Submission. (Submissions closed!).
Last date of submission?
Last date to submit your poster is the same as that for your film - Monday, January 15, 2018.
- Nikon Middle East will post the "Best 20" on its timeline on Facebook and invite "likes".
- Make sure you encourage your family, schoolmates and friends to like and share your entry. 10 most "liked" and "shared" posters will make it to the finals.
- Nikon Middle East will select best-5 from the finalists.
- A special certificate and goody-bag for each crew-member of the winning teams.
All winners will be announced during CIFF2018's Awards Ceremony.
- All schools and their teams participating in the CIFF2018 Filmmaking Competition are eligible to enter the Nikon Film Poster Contest.
- Only one entry per team (or per film) is allowed.
- The poster must be made with or based entirely on a 100% original photograph that is relevant to the film.
- The photograph used in the poster must be shot by a crew-member. The entry will be disqualified if the team is found to have acquired the services of an adult-aged photographer, whether amateur or professional.
- The entry will be disqualified if it is found to have used stock photos.
- Post-processing is allowed to a bare minimum.
- Drawings or Computer generated graphics (including capturing stills from film footage) are not allowed.
- Text is allowed on the poster but must be kept to a bare minimum so that it does not obstruct or distort the photograph. (See this link for examples)
- The photographers must be mindful of UAE Laws, Culture & Traditions while shooting stills for this contest. Neither CIFF nor Nikon Middle East FZE assume any responsibility arising out of inappropriate photography practices.
- Nikon reserves the right to disqualify any entry that do not meet the quality standards or deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Nikon reserves the right to terminate the contest without any prior notice.
- Nikon shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense as a direct or indirect result of this contest.
- All participants agree to abide by these rules in their entirety. The rules are subject to change without prior notice.
- Nikon's decision will be final and binding on all parties. No communication shall be entertained in this regard.