- Participate (Schools)
- Submit films (Intl. filmmakers)FilmmakersEligibilityRules & guidelinesAwardsImportant datesSubmission form
- MediaPress Releases2017201620152014Coverage2017201620152014GalleryPress AccreditationAccreditation form
- About CIFF2018ObjectivesPrevious editions2017201620152014FoundersDeepak JainJyoti JainSupporter
- Contact usCareersVacanciesJob EnquiriesEnquiriesLocation
No camera? No problem!
We'll lend you the camera and you focus on creating your masterpiece.
Schools can hire DSLR Camera Kits for FREE and help their students make their films! Each of these kits contain,
- Nikon D610 OR Nikon D5300 Camera Body (with a battery & charger)
- AF-S Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 G Special Edition Lens
There's a good reason why CIFF2018 is being supported by Nikon.
Hiring these DSLR Camera Kits is easy. Read the terms & conditions of hire below and send in your request in an email to email@example.com. Your request should mention,
- Name of the school
- Name of the team/film name (one email per team/film)
- Date & time of pick-up, and
- Date & time of drop-off
Depending upon the availability, the requester will receive an email confirming the dates & times along with the location of pick-up & drop-off. In certain circumstances, we might suggest an alternative date & time.
Upon confirmation, please bring a valid photo ID & the signed disclaimer (download here) for collection of the camera kit.
All hires are subject to the following terms & conditions:
- DSLR Camera Kits ("kits") are meant to be used ONLY for shooting stills and making films for the Filmmaking Competition being conducted as part of CIFF2017. The kits cannot be sub-loaned or used for any other purpose.
- These kits are loaned free-of-charge to schools or parents of participating students.
- All requests for kits shall be sent by the schools' CIFF Representative Teacher or participating students by dropping us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. However, in case a camera kit is requested by student directly, the Parents/Guardians will have to take the responsibility and sign the Undertaking agreement.
- Each team will be loaned only one DSLR Camera Kit for a maximum duration of 1 week (7 days). Extensions to this time period of loan are not encouraged but can be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- It will be the schools' or parents' responsibility to pick-up and drop-off the kit from/to the location specified in our email. All pick-ups & drops-offs should take place on or before 04:00pm on the confirmed dates.
- The schools' CIFF Representative or the Parents will sign the undertaking at the time of picking up the kit. For avoidance of doubt, any other representative of the school (For e.g., car or bus drivers) can carry the signed & stamped undertaking in cases where the schools' CIFF representatives or parents are unable pick-up or drop-off personally.
- Once hired, the signatory of this undertaking will take full & complete responsibility of the equipment.
- The camera should be handled with utmost care causing no damage or fault of any sort. In the event that a damage or fault is observed at the time of drop-off, CIFF shall charge the school or the parent and the school or the parent agrees to pay any and all charges incurred in repairing the damage or correcting the fault.
- No internal parts, fittings or accessories of the camera should be removed for any reason whatsoever.
- The camera kit should be returned in its original condition along with the package(s) within the agreed time period to CIFF.
- CIFF shall charge and the signatory agrees to bear all financial costs involved, should there be any incidents including but not limited to partial/full product damage, loss, theft or minor/major faults.
- Nikon Middle East FZE, Dubai shall decide & declare the estimated cost of repairs for damages (if any) and the signatory agrees to remit such costs to CIFF. All such costs will be final & non-negotiable.
- The camera should be returned to the confirmed location on or before 04:00pm on the committed date of return. Any late returns will attract a fine at the rate of AED 250 per day.